Are you a high school or middle school student interested in competing in the ISNA-Mafiq debate competition? If so, then congratulations, you have already taken the first steps by reading this document. Please follow the steps below to complete your application. Happy debating!
1) Learn more about the debate rules and parliamentary style used by Mafiq debate (visit debate.mafiq.org).
2) Ensure that you will be able to attend the 2013 ISNA Convention in DC (Walter E. Washington Convention Center 801 Mount Vernon Place NW Washington, DC 20001) during Aug 30-Sep 2.
3) Form a team with two other debaters in your category (either high school or middle school). If you cannot form a team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that we can help you find other potential debaters in your area.
4) All Middle school teams will require a coach. High school teams will not require a coach, although it is recommended.
5) Submit your application before the deadline, which is Aug 19, 2013. The application will require the submission of a YouTube video demonstrating your debating ability. Video guidelines can be found in the application.
6) Mafiq selectors will review your application and select the top two best teams in each category. If your team is selected, Mafiq will contact you for a confirmation of your ability to attend the tournament in DC.
7) Although there is no registration fee to compete in the tournament, teams and coaches will be required to register to attend the ISNA convention.
8) Mafiq will announce the first round topics on Aug 19. Once the topic is announced begin preparing for the debate.
9) Attend the debate tournament. Winners of the first round in each category will attend the finals on Sunday September 1 at 1:00 pm (see ISNA program schedule or contact below).
10) Enjoy the debate!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.